Find it
Custom Search

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Installing Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.6 on Kubuntu 7.04


Konqueror, Kubuntu's default web browser is great but Mozilla Firefox is one of the two most popular browsers out there.

But you have probably discovered that you can't just install it on a freshly created Kubuntu desktop.

For me doing a full system upgrade before installing Mozilla Firefox solved this problem.

To do this:


1. Open the Adept Manager by clicking K>System>Adept Manager
2. Type in the administrator password
3. Choose Full Upgrade in the Adept Manager

After Kubuntu has finished upgrading you can then proceed to install Firefox.

Note: if you are an advanced user, you could instead manually select which part of Kubuntu to upgrade with regards to installing Firefox without errors rather than upgrading everything.

Update: Installing Mozilla Firefox 3.0 in Kubuntu

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi
thank you very much , I searched for those steps many time , and I could find it smoothly as you wrote. thanks agina

Temujin said...

You're welcome. I'm very glad to know that you find my article useful.

DARG said...

*I cannot apply changes when I try to install firefox from adept since it (apply changes button)is grayed out.

Error:

You will not be able to change your system settings in any way (install, remove or upgrade software) because another process is using the packaging system database (probably some other Adept application, apt-get or aptitude). Please close the other application before using this one.

Anonymous said...

I'm using Kubuntu 7.10 right now on my Internet Caffee I did not find any error when installing Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.11 and Mozilla Firefox 3.0 preview browser. You might try upgrading to Gutsy Gibon to remedy your problem....

Anonymous said...

thanks for solution l will try

Anonymous said...

how about using mozillafirefox 3.0..? i tried download it, took so long time, so installing it, i got some fails :(